Re: script wont run in sqlplus

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:03:44 GMT

Hi -

Hi the corresponding built_in on the server is utl_file.

You may run into the write permission problem even though the error message may not necessarily indicate it.

At least on our 7.3.3 UNIX release the utl files are written under user oracle.

You also want to make sure that you have the following line in your init.ora file and then stop and start the database for it to take effect. * means any directory/sub-directory where user oracle has permission to write a file.

  utl_file_dir = *

     AND/OR   utl_file_dir = /var/tmp

Later !!!

Suresh Bhat
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

Bob <bookor_at_mail.org> wrote in article <7lnmg6$d79$1_at_nntp2.atl.mindspring.net>...