Re: Help UTL_FILE utility

From: robie <rlaarhoven_at_sql-integrator.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:54:21 +0200

>Hi -
>
>You may have the write permission problem even though the error message
>may not necessarily indicate it.
>
>At least on our 7.3.3 UNIX release the utl files are written under user
>oracle.
>
>You also want to make sure that you have the following line in your
>init.ora file and then stop and start the database for it to take effect.
>* means any directory/sub-directory where user oracle has permission to
>write a file.
>
> utl_file_dir = *

This parameter can be set to '*', meaning  I/O can be performed to ANY directory using this package but this would  NOT be recommended.
The advantage is that you can use the utl_file package to edit the init.ora file on
[Quoted] the server to delete this line ;-))

Regards Rob. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 09:54:21 CEST

Original text of this message