Re: Transaction on OO4O

From: Dave Waterworth <pscdaw_at_ihug.com.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:55:19 +1000

Whenever I've had a mismatch between the version I compiled and tested the project with, and the runtime version on the client I've experianced all sorts of bizarre error messages such as the one you got below. Once our DBA's thought the OCX
was trying to issue a create table statement!

I've found that you must install the exact same version of the control on the client, so in your case you should upgrade the client to 2.3.02 (or downgrade yourself and recompile your project). Otherwise you'll have no end of trouble. The Oracle8 release of the control works fine against an Oracle7 server in my experiance.

Also if you're using the OCX in a visual basic project and you are creating a setup kit to make it easier to distribute your application, do not include the OCX in the setup (even though the wizard wants you to). If it is not correctly installed from the Oracle CD it generally does not work properly (I guess there are registry entries which the Oracle installer adds which self registration does not create?)

Dave Waterworth