Re: URGENT ! Forms 3.0 To Forms 4.5

From: Leo Albers <Leo.G.Albers_at_Nld.Xerox.Com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 15:23:04 +0200

Pete,

You can use the V2-style macros upto Oracle Forms 5.0....but....it's better to convert them to PL/SQL. The following are usefull converters:

Kumaran
Expensive - you pay number of V2 step to be converted.

TOP*Converter
This is the one we use (VAX and Unix)
Cheap - not so many features as Kumaran's converter but does the job. For more info contact Rob Hellinx at USoft - hellinxr_at_usoft.nl

Converting SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5
A CHARACTER-BASED to CHARACTER_BASED conversion is a 'piece of cake'. Don't forget: you need a forms45-menu to link the form to !

The source is the .INP file.
The converted file van be stored into a .MMB or into the frm45 repository.

f45gen module=<module-name>       \
       userid=<username/password> \
       module_type=FORM           \
       module_access=FILE         \