multiple databases in forms

From: Jaco van den Berg <jaco.vandenberg_at_europeesche.nl>
Date: 5 Jul 1999 14:55:17 GMT

[Quoted] I am setting up an application in wich not all screens connect to the same database. The method i use is making public synonyms in datbase "A" containing a database link to objects in database "B". The databse link used connects to a user who has the apropriate rights in database "B". The users who use tha application connect to database "A". This construction works if the screen that uses database "B" is directly started by a user that connects to databse "A". However, if we call the screen that uses database "B" from a form that uses database "A", the trouble starts, i.e. the screen (the one that uses database "B") never appears or that screen disappears after pressing a button. Databases are both in version 7.3.2.3.0, forms version is 4.5.

Are there people who have experience with constructions like these and can help me?

Willem Kuijk Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 16:55:17 CEST

Original text of this message