Re: URGENT ! Forms 3.0 To Forms 4.5

From: J. Wegener NOSPAM <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:25:47 +0200

Kobayashi <ihamilton_at_awg.ie> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:7lq57a$kg8$1_at_scotty.tinet.ie...
> Are there any shareware utility programs out there that can assist me in
> converting Forms 3.0 To Forms 4.5, especially with regard to V2 Triggers.

My goodness, there are still some V2 triggers out there!

In the not so glorious days of converting SQL*Forms 2.x to 3.0 there were several commercially available products, but I am not aware of any shareware products. I feel relatively certain that nobody is offering this as shareware as the commercial products were extremely expensive. Furthermore, the job of writing such a converter is difficult and I would hesitate before submitting my production code to a not-supported, shareware version. Even the commercial products I've used produced buggy code that were extremely difficult to track down afterwards.

You may want to check www.kumaran.com. Another product was made by a company called PTI (Performance Technologies, Inc.??), if I remember it correctly.

Please note that converting from F3 to F45 or later typically involves much more than simply converting V2 triggers; You may benefit from simply shredding you F3 forms and re-write it in F45.

Cheers,
Johan Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 14:25:47 CEST

Original text of this message