Re: Handbook - Designer 2000

From: Joel Racicot <joelracicot_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 02:05:36 GMT

I have seen and used both Lulushi's and Koletzke/Dorsey's books and here, for what its worth, is my opinion of these books.

If you are trying to find out about methodology, use the Koletzke/Dorsey book. It is very strong on the Oracle's CASE App Dev methodology. On the other hand, if you are looking for hands-on tool use type book, you should definitely get Lulushi's book. I used this book when I taught a Designer class at one of the local training institutes. The only caveat with this book is that it was based on a beta version and some of the instructions and screen shots for the exercises are not the same in the production release.

Finally, if money is no object, I think you should have both books available to you. Each provides a different perspective on an extremely complex tool set.

That's my opinion for what its worth.

Joel Racicot
Systems Analyst
Canada Post Corporation