Forms 5 programming

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:44:23 -0700

I have the following on a form:
1 text item
1 display item
[Quoted] 1 pushbutton

[Quoted] In the text item, users will type in either lastname or customer ID

                                                                    JAMES
0120456

If the user clicks on the pushbutton, I want the display item to indicate whether
the data that was type in the text item is a name or a 'number'. If it is a 'number', I am going to eventually convert it to a number and do a search with it.

[Quoted] I am wondering what the function is for ascii code. Example, if the first character type in a text item starts with any letter (Aa - Zz) or if it starts with a number (0 -9)

thanks for your support
wozi_at_dhc.net Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 04:44:23 CEST

Original text of this message