[Pro*C] Newbie question.

From: Yi, Ji-soo <killcat_at_insunginfo.co.kr>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:36:27 +0900

Backgroud:

[Quoted] We have two Solaris machines. One is an Oracle DB Server, and the other is a [Quoted] Web Server with Apache. I want to build cgi program on Web Server which gather information from the Oracle DB Server. The Web Server doesn't contain [Quoted] any Oracle program. (The DB Server opens only telnet port to Web Server.)

I'm absolutely new to Oracle, but I'm familiar with MS SQL 6.5.

Question:

  1. Is it possible? I'm afraid that the web server also have sort of DB connection program or library. Additionally, is it necessary to open another [Quoted] port for DB connection(like 1433 port for SQL Server)?
  2. If possible, how to do? [Quoted]
  3. Could you tell me resources(tutorial or sample code) which help me understand the process?

Any comments are very appreciated.

Ji-soo. Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 02:36:27 CEST

Original text of this message