Re: Memory Leak in Forms 5.0?

From: Raffi <raffi_at_box43.gnet.pl>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 18:43:29 GMT

> I am using Forms 5.0.16 on NT workstation 4 (SP3) and found that
> memory will be used-up by my application after calling new forms (by
> 'new_form' built-in) over about 20 times. The memory will only be free
> after the application is closed. I suppose this is the bug of an older
> version of Forms but this bug happens again in Forms 5.0.
>
> I've called the local Oracle Support a week ago but I am so
> disappointed. Because they still cannot give me a definitely solution on
> the problem but only told me that this is a bug of Forms 5.0.

This bug is in Forms 6.0 too. Any form 'eat' minimum 4KB of memory (interesant that 4kB 'eat' any cursor opened in Forms). I have tested this problem in my work on many forms and ANY form calling with NEW_FORM give 40-300kB of memory. Mayby this problem is on Windows side (mayby resources).

Raffi Received on Sun Jul 04 1999 - 20:43:29 CEST

Original text of this message