job on timer

From: Bob <bookor_at_mail.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 09:03:25 -0400

[Quoted] Im sure this is a simple question, but Im new to Oracle. I need to run a [Quoted] sql script on a timer. Say once every half hour to extract data matching a [Quoted] [Quoted] certain criteria to a fixed length text file. I have the script running --- [Quoted] but only from a button on a form. Can I create a timer on the form that will submit the job? Ive read about dbms_job to submit jobs but I can not [Quoted] find any documentation that explains how to use it. I also cant get my plsql [Quoted] script to run in sqlplus. For some reason it will only run from the form [Quoted] [Quoted] 4.5 form. Does anyone have any simple method I can use to get this job [Quoted] done? Timer on a form or modify the plsql so it will run from sqlplus and [Quoted] use dbms_job?

any help would be appreciated...

bookor_at_interserv.com Received on Sun Jul 04 1999 - 15:03:25 CEST

Original text of this message