Re: FORMS 5 question

From: Shober's <bshober_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 00:58:04 -0400

To disable any ORACLE keys, add at the form level triggers, the KEY-Trigger name. In this trigger enter the NULL; statement. This will prevent that key press from doing its default function.

Ex for F4 use KEY-DUPITEM. You can also do whatever you want the key to do. The problem with changing the default key actions, is that it will confuse people used to the normal ORACLE keys. You can chg the help desc by chging it in the trigger property field.

Another trigger that can save some time is the KEY-OTHERS, it will disable all defaults unless you add the KEY-Triggers that you want. We use this at the block level.

If you have many forms and want to disable a function key, you could edit the form Resource file by using the Terminal program. If not familar with that be very carefull, as the .RES files contain the look and feel of all the ORACLE programs.

Georgette P Cornio