Re: How to view comment on tables?

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 15:15:04 GMT

HI -

Here is a UNIX script that you can use:

set feedback off verify off pause off
set pagesize 300
set und off

column   comments       word_wrap       format a70      heading ''
column   owner      noprint new_value owner_alias
column table_name noprint new_value table_name_alias
column   column_name    heading ''
column   blanks         heading ''
accept   Table_name char prompt 'Enter Table name: '

spool $HOME/x.x

ttitle col 7 'Table Name: 'table_name_alias col 56 'Owner: 'owner_alias -

         skip 2
select   '     ' blanks, comments, owner, table_name
  from all_tab_comments
 where table_name = upper('&&Table_name')    and owner = user
/

column comments word_wrap format a39 heading ''

ttitle off

select ' ' blanks, column_name, comments   from all_col_comments
 where table_name = upper('&&Table_name')    and owner = user
/

spool off
exit

Later !!!

Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

Cheong <ccheong_at_my.lhsgroup.com> wrote in article <377c72bd_at_news.lhsgroup.com>...