Desperate and urgent Oracle 6 export plea

From: Stuart Parker <stuartp_at_one.net.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:22:00 +1000

[Quoted] Hi all

Please, please, please is there anyone out there who can help me get data out of and Oracle 6 database and into text files? I have a client with data on an Oracle 6 database on a Sequent Unix box that I am putting into an Access database and I am having trouble getting the data out in a format I can use. I can use the exp program but can only seem to get the information in Oracle system table format but I need it in a CSV or tab separated format. I can run SQLTools but it doesn't seem to be able to output the info to anywhere but the screen. I am an experienced MSSQL Server administrator but new to Oracle, and especially one that is running in a terminal window and not Windows!! I cant connect through Access as the dll's needed come with a later version of Oracle (7 I think).

If anyone has any answers or suggestions or would really appreciate it, even just pointing me in the right direction.

And of course, the client wants this yesterday!!

Thanks in advance
Stuart Parker Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 16:22:00 CEST

Original text of this message