Re: webDb & Solaris 7, take 2 ...

From: AleX <ashteren_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:43:21 -0700

Mareike Ernst wrote:

> First of all, thanks for all your speedy replies!
> ... and apologies for the cross-posting.
>
> However I'm sorry to say that neither using a port over 90 for the
> listener nor copying the network directory + tnsnames.ora etc into the
> webdb directory helps.
>
> Re: manual install - what should the value of WV_GATEWAY_CFG be? There
> seem to be some problems here as I get a core dump on wdbstart which
> indicates that it has an "incorrect value"?!
>
> Any more ideas? I'm REALLY being to to suffer from "I must be an idiot"
> syndrom...
>
> cheers
> Mareike

OK, just try this.... take away SYSDBA privilege from sys and try to install again. I trussed the installer and it basically wants to do 'svmgr sys/syspassword' .I bet it'll work combined with the fact that you'll be doing a 'typical' install (aka not a custom one). This should work. Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 18:43:21 CEST

Original text of this message