Object Groups and Object Libraries

From: <sqb99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:23:37 GMT

Hi all

We have created a template form. Now based upon this form, we want to generate more forms.

Our pursual leads us to use object groups and object library, so that if we make any changes in our template form, those will be reflected in all those froms which have sub-classed them from template library.

This is what we have done.

  1. We created an object group named Toolbar in our template form, in this object V dragged the following objetcs
  2. Form Level Triggers
  3. Alerts
  4. Toolbar DataBlock
  5. Toolbar Canvas
  6. Program Units
  7. Visual Attributes
  8. We created an Object Lib and dragged OBJECT GROUP named Toolbar to the TAB of Object Lib. We named this Library Tools.
  9. So far so good.
  10. This is what we were expecting that we will drag that object group to new form and subclassed it there, and we will be home free. Not so fast, When we dragged OBJECT GROUP to the new form module the TOOLBAR Data Block didn't contain any items of that block and also Program Units were not properly sub-classed (i.e there were no red-arrows on the program units icons). we tried our level best but were not able to acheive the required results.
  11. Then we dragged individual items into Tools object Library and subclassed them into new module.
  12. This seems to be working.
  13. But when we closed either object lib or the sub-classed form, the form starts complaining that it can't load the subclassed components like canvad and toolbar buttons etc.
  14. The link is there, but all the sub-classed components in the new form have lost there inherited properties from the toolbar.

We have not moved any of the Library or Form from the originally saved Directory locations.

Please guide what to do. Sorry for the botheration, but We will highly appreciate if you can extend some help.

Looking forward to your response

Regards

Shehzad Qamar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 16:23:37 CEST

Original text of this message