Easy one : Autoquery when_new_forms_instance leaves gaps in IDs

From: Bert Vanderstraeten <bvds_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:28:21 +0200

[Quoted] I use several forms that (upon opening) fire the execute_query statement so all data appears immediately. Adding records is done through pressing a button which does a create_record (thus the form is maily used for querying but also allows one to add records). Every record has a unique customer_id which is determined by a sequence.

Problem: the customer_id has :sequence_name.nextval for initial value. When the form is opened all data is queried but the sequence jumps eventhough no new records are entered. This results in id gaps every time a form is opened.

Any ideas how I can solve this one easily ? Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 20:28:21 CEST

Original text of this message