Re: Forms: reusable pre-insert trigger

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:03:30 GMT

[Quoted] Another alternative would be to alter the table design, and put triggers on the tables to update with USER and SYSDATE. Then the application does not have to take the responsibility for guaranteeing the audit trail.

(If you did so, you would have to find a way perhaps to disable the trigger on bulk updates...We used a special username for all Load processes and triggers contained an IF statement. We felt this was better than Disabling and Enabling triggers all the time).

Robert Proffitt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 18:03:30 CEST

Original text of this message