Including a VB DLL in PL/SQL code - won't work on some machines but will on others

From: Tony Brown <tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:58:50 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have an intriguing problem with a VB dll (comdlg32.dll) which has us all stumped here.

We have incldued the dll on a particular form and compiled the form OK.

We are using the dll to allow us to browse the file system for a file.

The target machines are all Win95.

When we run it on some machines it works OK.

When we run it on other machines it fails with a 41344 eror - OLE container empty. We guess that it cannot find the dll, although other programs (in VB) can see it and use it with no problems.

We have tried to include \windows\system in the path in autoexec.bat and we have also copied the dll into orawin95\bin and the source directory with the forms.

We think there is some windows/setup/environment problem but noone has yet spotted what is missing from the machines that don't work.

All help gratefully accepted.

Preference for response is via email as this newsgroup is not monitiored that frequently.

TIA Tony
Tony Brown
Arete Software Limited
Tel : +44 (0) 1344 867706
Fax : +44 (0) 1344 867714
Email : tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 13:58:50 CEST

Original text of this message