Re: ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:05:19 -0400

I recently got this when re-creating/re-orging a database. I had run some scripts
to include catproc etc., and then ran a script to delete the old datafiles. By accident, I had deleted a temp.dbf that I had previously assigned to be SYSTEM's
sort area. When I did an import, I got the hostdef pretty quick. I wasn't sure
what was going on until I shutdown/started up, and saw that there was a datafile
missing. This isn't to say that you should bounce your database, it's only to say that
I have an inkling this could mean a missing datafile, that you wouldn't necessarily notice
until you brought the database back up.

  • Dc.