Re: Is Designer worth using ?

From: Ken Grierson <ken_grierson_at_sol.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:25:01 +0100

Hi Mike

I have worked with Designer versions 1.2 to 1.4 over the last three years and would like to make the following points ;-

The repository remained a good reference for designers and developers throughout the project. The diagrammers were okay and we managed to generate all our forms for maintaining static data straight from the database. We were frustrated by the inability of versions 1.x to generate complex feature-rich designs and the more difficult forms were hand-coded after the first or second cuts.

The PL/SQL editors in version 1.x were tedious to use and we ended up coding our packagesand libraries with our favourite editors and reverse engineering them into the repository.

I have played with version 2.x and it allows you much better low-level specification of the application, such as buttons and control blocks and items. Alternatively, with the internet in mind, try to keep the clients simple !

Regards

Ken Received on Sun Jun 27 1999 - 22:25:01 CEST

Original text of this message