Re: Oracle Parallel Server Option

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:48:11 GMT

> Just two comments. Firstly, on the multiple skilled sysadmins. I've
worked on
> a site where we lost the database and had to recover due to a *&&%#
sysadmin
> mounting one of the raw devices containing a datafile. Maybe saying
"multiple
> skilled" is overkill, but better safe than sorry! Secondly, I don't
think
> you'll see any move from Oracle away from parallel processing - as
for the DBA
> who made the comment originally, I'd love to know where he got that
from!

> Pete

I do not think Oracle is reducing support for OPS either since if they were why would version 8 include such new OPS features as multiple instance views, gv$ tables, and provide their own lock manager instead of having the OS vendors provide it. With 8.1 there are more improvements with OPS. Still, if an Oracle product does not sell then Oracle has been known to drop the product.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/