Strange problem OE 7.3.4 with NT4 SP3

From: Gerhard Eickenhorst <gerhard.eickenhorst_at_gs-emd.admin.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:47:00 +0200

Hi all

I've got a strange problem.
Oracle Enterprise Edition 7.3.4 on a Compaq ProLiant 1500 NT4 SP3. Sometimes when I shut down the Oracle service, the DB hangs in a undefined mode.
The service shuts faster than the DB.

Sometimes it works fine; first Oracle then the service... We use this to do cold backups at night.The stop service command is issued by the
ADSM preschedule procedure command. ADSM works fine. After the backup ADSM issues the start service command. Because the shutdown hasn't completed,
the start command doesn't work.
I don't always want to start using the startup force command. It's like using a
hammer... ;)

Any comments are welcome.

Gerhard Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 14:47:00 CEST

Original text of this message