Re: Application Server: ORB problems

From: Robert Feinman <robertdfeinman_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:50:35 -0400

OAS is one of the most difficult products to set up! Any slight misconfiguration will keep it from starting. When you install it you need to specify machine information (name, IP, etc.) If any of this changes OAS won't start.
Oracle support is not to good at find problems, they usual suggest reinstalling.
There are some binary keys stored in the configuration files that are created when installed. There doesn't seem to be a way to change them afterwards.
What type of machine are you running on? NT or unix? I had a laptop I was trying to install on. It took months until I found out that my DNS entry in the TCP/IP was causing OAS to try to go out to a (nonexistent) LAN.

--
Robert Feinman, Ph.D                  Database Doctor
robertdfeinman_at_worldnet.att.net