Re: Restricted built-in and timers

From: Sunder <Sunder.nochilur_at_pcm.bosch.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:42:57 -0400

Ranga,

   You need to use the key-next-item,key-prev-item trigger, and perform the same task in key-exit,key-commit. this is how we have overcome the proble. (Key-commit,key-exit to take care of the situation where the mouse is used in place of the tab key).

Sunder

N. Rangaprabhu wrote in message <37725F1A.EA801000_at_mobinfo.com>... Hi,
  We have a master-detail form. When we change certain fields in the master block, we need to then show changes on certain fields of the detail block. This means calling a restricted built-in (go_block) from a post-text-item or similar trigger. This is impossible to do, hence we use a timer as follows:
  In the post-text-item trigger we create the timer with a period of 1 and no repeat. Then at form level when-tigger-expired trigger we perform the go_block and the required changes to the detail block. Unfortunately this only works 50% of the time. Oracle acknowledges that their timer mechanism is unstable, but are unable to offer any reasonable alternatives. Has anyone faced this problem and how have you dealt with it? We would really appreciate an alternative workable solution as we are in a desperate situation.

Thanks for your IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, Ranga Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 22:42:57 CEST

Original text of this message