Reverse engeneering Oracle

From: Fred Ruffet <fruffet_at_kaptech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:51:16 +0200

Hi, everybody,

I have an Oracle 7.3.4 database which one has been created day by day by many developpers. Now, I need to proceed a kind of cleaning of the DB. I mean that I want to get a model of the database, proceed to modifications (creation of foreign keys, creation and deletion of fields, and so on), and then regenerate to another DB (It's in use, so I don't want to crash it all...)
The major problem is cost. It's a job I'll do ONE time. I'll surely continue to use the tool after, to maintain the DB, but the big job will only be done [Quoted] ONE time. So, I don't want to spend too much money in it... Now, the question : What tool should I use ? Does anybody has any idea ?

Thanks in advance for answers,

--

Frédéric Ruffet - fruffet_at_kaptech.com
"Rest is silence" - W. Shakespeare