Help, configuring Oracle on NT cli/server

From: Mike <Michael.Baker_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:20:46 +0100

I am trying to setup my mini network & oracle.

I'm trying to connect to a database on my NT server via ODBC but with no joy.
I actually have no idea how to do this. Please Help Me!

I have a full installation of personal oracle 7on my server and I have the client installation on my workstation.

I have tried creating a DSN but with no joy,

I have tried using SQLnet Easy configuration- no joy.

If any body can tell me how to access my database which at the moment I have saved on a zip disk as HelpDesk.sql because my server went to hell.

I have oracle listner service active as well as another one (not oracle names)

Do I have to edit the sqlnet.ora and TNSnames.ora, if so how to I do it.

other information that was asked for when doing one of the setup things..

My Server is DFWS99069
Servers IP: 169.254.62.101
Database is called HelpDesk but it is now HelpDesk.sql until I start it again.

Thanks in Advance

cheers and beers

Mike Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 22:20:46 CEST

Original text of this message