How can I create a classic MDI application in Oracle Forms ?

From: Jeff Rudnick <jeff_at_rudnick.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:49:33 -0500

I have just recently begun using Forms 5 and I have successfully created simple single-window applications. However, my project requirements are a bit more demanding.

After signing the user onto the database, I would like to bring up an empty application window and allow the user to use the classic menu selections File->Open->PickFromMyListOfWindows to open their windows of choice.

Thus far, I have been unable to:

  1. Open just the application - for some reason, one of my windows ALWAYS opens with the application. Is there some property that I need to remove to prevent this?
  2. Open a new window from the menu - when I select any of my window-opening options, I get the following error: FRM-10242: Cannot call linked in Forms from Form Builder.

The online help really offers no explanation about what I am doing incorrectly. It says, "The menu designer specified a call to linked-in Forms from within Form Builder. Action: Notify your DBA."

Of course, when I asked my DBA and he said this was an application issue and he could offer no help.

Does anyone know the answers to my two problems? Please help.

Best Regards,
Jeff Rudnick
Rudnick & Associates, Inc.
jeff_at_rudnick.org Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 15:49:33 CEST

Original text of this message