Re: Help with Data Control on VB6

From: Rick Losey <rlosey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:30:44 -0600

There could be several reasons for this. The most common reason for having a read-only table is that the Oracle table that you are trying to update does not have a primary key. Make sure that your table has a row that is defined as unique and not null. Another reason is that in several cases, joins are not updatable. Finally, make sure that you have SP2 installed on your VB. If you are using ADO 2.0, use MS's ODBC driver. If you are using ADO 2.1 Oracle won't work reliably. If you have ADO 2.1.1.37 or higher, things should work with Oracle again.

Rick