ORA-01401 problem with two similar tables

From: erol yavuz <erol_at_context.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:48:24 +0200

Hi there,

I'm still somewhat of a rookie when it comes to building Oracle databases, but I have a (for me) disturbing problem when I fill a table in an Oracle database via ASP-webforms.

The strange thing is that when I add an additional field to one table and try to fill it with
a fixed length variable ( let's say I try to fill the column with the text "hello") the error appears:

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01401

and is thus not put into the table.
I've chosen to define the field as varchar2(30) and so, it should not give any problems when I try to enter "hello" into it.

If, on the other hand, I do the same procedure with a different table, it gives no such error message!!!

I've have looked at the structure of both tables in the Schema manager but have found no differences between them.

Does anybody know what causes this problem?

PS. Heeeeeeeelllp! Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 16:48:24 CEST

Original text of this message