Exit codes from SQL *Loader

From: Jason Hubbard <jason.hubbard_at_ait.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:28:04 +0100

First up...I am using SQL *Loader with Oracle 8.0.0.5 , NT 4.0 and VC6

OK, According to the Oracle documentation, the outcome of a SQL *Loader run may be reported via the process exit code. (EX_SUCC 0, EX_FAIL 1, EX_WARN 2, EX_FTL 3) i.e. All/Some rows rejected - exit code should be EX_WARN.

However, regardless of the methods I have attempted, the only exit code I ever get is '0' (success). Even when a number of my rows have been rejected....

I have attempted using the CreateProcess method within C++ and getting the process exit code.
I have also attempted to use an MSDOS batch file, checking the ERRORLEVEL.

Neither have proven fruitful, as I get a success exit code each time rather than a warning.

Any ideas? Have I missed some Oracle configuration?

TIA
Jason Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 18:28:04 CEST

Original text of this message