ORA-2134 : invalid runtime context

From: Mark Patterson <mpatterson_at_iel.ie>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:07:50 +0100

Hi,

I've migrated from Oracle 8.0.3 on Solaris 2.5 to Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.7
but no Pro*C applications work at all. They work fine on the original environment.
The Pro*C modules use embedded sql and/or embedded PL/SQL with PL/SQL stored procedures but all I get is the context error "ORA-2134 : invalid runtime context"

As the code runs fine on the 8.0.3 environment I'm assuming my thread allocation and other code is fine. Can I make this assumption? I've been advised that this may be a bug with the release (thanks Chris) but have got nowhere on following this up (still browsing TechNet like mad!), and I've also rebuilt the objects from source on the new enviroment (as recommended by Lynnwood - thankyou also) but still I get the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers, please?!?

Thanks,
Mark Patterson. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 16:07:50 CEST

Original text of this message