Re: Arrays in Forms

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:52:36 +0800

Eugene Firyago wrote:

> Is there in the Oracle Forms a possibility to create a dinamic data array
> (cursor, pl/sql table, etc.) based on recordgroup or datablock and then take
> it and put in to a server-side stored procedure as a argument for operating
> within this stored procedure.
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene.

Yes - but I think you have to do it yourself...

ie..

get the record group count
for i in 1 .. count loop
  get each rec group col value
  stick in it pl/sql table
end loop;

To get consistency between the client and server, the pl/sql table variable in Forms should be declared from a type resident on the server.

(Of course this all only works in Forms 5+ since 4.5 is PL/SQL 1)

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."