Re: Export data from Oracle 7 on unix?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kcstahl_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:14:24 -0400

One way to do it (and there are many) is to use ODBC. If you do that, then all you would need to do is have the Oracle 7 odbc drivers installed on the target pc and then do whatever you need to do to create an odbc link to the data on the unix server (presumably it is on the network). Then just write a simple routine to copy the data from the source table to a local table.

A second way is to use sqlplus to create some type of delimited flat file that you can import into Access. If you have columns like LONG or RAW that can be a problem - but that would be a problem no matter what approach you take because I think both of them have no equivelent in Access.

Ken