Re: numeric to fully-written-numbers pl/sql translator

From: GDN <gert.deneve_at_advalvas.be>
Date: 18 Jun 1999 20:09:11 GMT

And what about me,

poor developer in Belgium.

When i try to add the 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=Dutch' to the to_char function I still get my results
in english. According to Oracle Support, only the english language is supported.

Still, it's a pretty good thing to know.

Greatings
Gert

Peter L <news_at_lenniep.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in article <7kbd1h$hlf$2_at_news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> Thomas Kyte wrote in message <
> >
> >You can use a date function to do this....
> >
> > 1* select to_char( to_date(5373484,'J'),'Jsp') from dual
> >SQL> /
> >
> >TO_CHAR(TO_DATE(5373484,'J'),'JSP')

> >Five Million Three Hundred Seventy-Three Thousand Four Hundred
Eighty-Four