Re: AltaVista firewall with Oracle Net8 Listener, SQLNet2 client

From: Daniel <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:17:21 +0100

The other solution is to use Oracle Connection Manager, an NT service that sits on the database side of the firewall and handles all connections through the firewall on one port. Also it allows for protocol switching ie client to cman via tcp and then cman to database via spx etc etc. It also gets around the problem of not being able to stop the lsnr if using shared sockets...

--
Daniel
Oracle UK