Re: Forms 5.0:Tab Canvas confusion

From: <kaiserrj_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:58:14 GMT

Hey Phil,

Moving fields to different tab canvases should be no problem. I've recently pushed lots of fields amongst a tabbed canvas, and amongst multiple tabbed canvases.

The only thing that sounds familiar is that I had to use SHOW_VIEW('Tab_Canvas_Name') on WHEN-FORM-ACTIVATE trigger (or WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE) since my canvases only appear when 'raise on entry'(when an item on the canvas is navigated to).

That's if you're losing them in runtime, if your losing them at design time, I've only done this by hand, not with wizards or automation.

In the Navigator...

   Add a canvas, set it's type property to TAB,

      set it's Window property to an existing window.    Add a tab page under this canvas, add as many as you need.    Set a block item's Canvas and Tab Page properties to the new tab

      canvas.
   Double-click the form_canvas (or: view your main canvas)

      Click View | Stacked Views - and select your canvas.
      The new canvas should appear - tab pages are shown even if
         there're no item's in them

Hope this helps, Rich

In article <37682027.B94E79C6_at_rsa.hisd.harris.com>,   Phil Barone <pbarone_at_rsa.hisd.harris.com> wrote:
> I am trying to create a form with master detail records from to
related
> tables.
>
> I want to split up the fields of the detail records on different
tabbed
> canvases. Every time I try to specify the fields for a different tab
> page it removes the previous page I just set up.
>
> Does each tabbed page have to get its data from a different data
block?

> I'm confused, Help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> phil.barone_at_bigfoot.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
[Quoted] Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 22:58:14 CEST

Original text of this message