Problem updating RAw data using ODBC driver from Oracle

From: <kbabbu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:17:29 GMT

Hi,

I am using
Odbc driver : Oracle7.3 Ver2.5

     Version: 2.05.0301
I am trying to update a "RAW" field of length 255 chars.

My application has following piece of code

        cbName = 255;
SQLBindParameter(hstmt, 1, SQL_PARAM_INPUT, SQL_C_BINARY,SQL_BINARY , 255, 0, (SQLPOINTER)encrptpass, 255, &cbName);

When I do a subsequent SQLExec()
it always fails saying
DIAG [37000] [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Invalid value stored in pcbValue.

Same code works if I use ODBC driver for Oracle from Microsoft. And same code works fine with the ODBC driver used for SQL Server database.

Can anybody please help me what is wrong here. Why it fails only with the Oracle ODBC driver? Is it a bug in ODBC driver.
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 22:17:29 CEST

Original text of this message