Re: SQL PLUS Spooling with Quotes around field

From: Chris Weiss <weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:58:00 -0400

[Quoted] Word 97 does not display this behavior. 0001 without quotation marks was merged as 0001. If you have an older version of Word, this might be a problem.

Check your spool program.

If you need quotations marks you can use two single quotation marks to indicate a single.

For example,

select '''But''' from dual;

If you need double quotation marks, try something like:

select '"'||'two'||'"' from dual; <- This has double quotation marks.

You could do things like

select ''''||fielda||'''' from your table.

Christopher Weiss
Professional Services Division
Compuware Corporation