Re: does designer 2000 work with Oracle 8?

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:37:27 GMT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:40:52 GMT, xguan_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> If you are using Designer 2.1.2, you need to install the October
> patch for Developer 2000/2.1. Or you may not be able to generate
> applications.
  Procedure Builder appears to expect v7.x Oracle. Does this patch fix it? Right now, I have SQL/Plus 8 client, but PB 2.1 required the v7 SQLnet drivers installed. Having both 7 and 8 drivers does work. So does having both PLUS80W.EXE and its v7 equivalent. However, when I...

  • set up a stored procedure "the hard way" with PLUS80W.EXE
  • drag the stored procedure to my local PC
  • the compiler throws up whenever I use "VARRAY", which appears to be a new feature that v7.x of PL/SQL doesn't support Any solutions with Procedure Builder? Right now I have to edit it as a text file and "CREATE OR REPLACE" from the PLUS80W client.
--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_interlog.com> procmail spamfilter
http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/spamdunk.htm