Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)..Need Help!

From: JRD <james_devine_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:19:08 -0700

[Quoted] I'm a software developer interested in learning more about the features [Quoted] of Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O). I've downloaded a zip file (oo4o81533.exe) from Oracle's web site, which contains OO4O files, and installed
them on my computer. My computer is running under Windows NT Workstation [Quoted] and has connectivity to an Oracle Database. The problem I am having occurs [Quoted] when I execute some of the VC++ and VB sample applications that came with [Quoted] zip file and I receive a "Specified class not registered in registry." from [Quoted] VC++ samples, or "The specified Module cannot be found - or Oracle In Proccess Server" from VB samples. I've reviewed and modified the registry [Quoted] files "Oo4oparm.reg" and "Oraipsrv.reg" to ensure the directory paths to [Quoted] "oip8.dll" and other system files were pointing to the correct location. [Quoted] I've also reviewed the registry for the installed registry settings and it [Quoted] looks like all the settings are properly updated. I've viewed all the OO4O [Quoted] documentation I could find and I haven't found anything that resolves this [Quoted] problem I'm encountering.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 04:19:08 CEST

Original text of this message