Re: SQL table copying

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:12:59 -0400

Hi,

    Yes.

    If you truly mean export (using the Oracle export utility program) just specify the full pathname of the output file using the FILE parameter.

    If you prefer you can select the entire contents of the table and spool them anyplace on your system. Just go into SQL*Plus and enter SPOOL <full_path_name> and press return. Write your select on the next line and, after it finishes running, enter SPOOL OFF and press return to complete the operation. The output will then be in the file you specified in the SPOOL statement. (Be sure to enter the SPOOL OFF statement or you won't get the file output.)

regards

Jerry Gitomer