DA/DBA Newsletter - Free and On-Line

From: Robert S. Seiner <rseiner_at_tdan.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:32:51 -0400

Re: The Data Administration Newsletter (http://www.tdan.com)

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The 2nd anniversary issue of The Data Administration Newsletter was posted on the internet on June 1. Articles in this special issue cover important topics including knowledge management, XML, UML, CRM, ETL, Y2K (ok … enough of the acronyms), warehouse project management, and repository directions. As always, the articles from the last issue have been placed in the article archives bringing the total number of articles on the web-site to 100+. I think you will find the new information in this issue to be timely and relevant to the work of data managers.

Besides for the topics listed above, the new issue of TDAN includes:

  • an updated vendor list (courtesy of Sid Adelman)
  • an expanded conference list
  • an updated expert panel Q&A section
  • new book reviews
  • and much more

Highlights of the new issue include a lengthy update from the Meta Data Coalition and a conference review from the DAMA International Symposium/TTI Metadata conference in Atlantic City, New Jersey this past April.

Quick notes:

I am accepting short columns (750-1000 words) that can be added to the monthly perspective section. This section has received extremely positive feedback and can be considered light and typically non-technical reading. I invite you to participate in this forum as well.

Articles (1250-2000 words) are also being accepted for future issues. The deadlines to note are August 1 for the September 1 issue and November 1 for the December 1 issue. The end of the year should be an interesting time for everybody in a data-related profession and I look forward to celebrating the new millennium with you. TDAN will collect millennium date and data-related stories from this point through the first quarter of next year and share the best of these tales with you.

Thank you very much for your interest in the The Data Administration Newsletter and I appreciate all of the kind comments and words of encouragement that I have received from readers over the past two years.

Have a terrific month.

Best Regards.
Bob Seiner Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 20:32:51 CEST

Original text of this message