Re: Check this out

From: Michael Spiller <mike.spiller_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:12:54 -0700

[Quoted] I don't know if this would work in your situation, but I had luck with it. Instead of trying to connect locally, I ran SQL Net Easy Config and then Net8 [Quoted] Easy Config, creating a TCP alias. Then I copied my tnsnames.ora file from network/admin to net80/admin. I was then able to connect to the database from [Quoted] developer by logging in with a connect string of devl (my SID and the name of the alias I created.
Hope this may help...