Performing "auto reduce" search

From: <ppiotrowski_at_riag.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:27:05 GMT

[Quoted] I was wondering if anyone has had the joyous task of trying to create a field on a form and have it function like a search box (much like the Find box in a List of Values (I believe this is called auto reducing).

Basically a user starts typing text into a field on a form and the entries in a related block jump ahead to the record that closely matches what they are typing. If I'm not explaining this right I apologize. It's the functionality in the FIND window on an LOV that I need assigned to a field in a form.

Is this a predefined trigger of some sort or package that I can call?

Thanks a bunch for the help. This one's really got me.

Paul Piotrowski
Paul.Piotrowski_at_riag.com Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 22:27:05 CEST

Original text of this message