Quote within quote (using double apostrophe not good enough)

From: Sean McMurray <smcmurr_at_admin.dce.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:13:50 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] This is a variation of the FAQ, "How do I represent an apostrophe within a string?" Mine goes like this,
In Forms 4.5 I frequently do something like this:

[Quoted] myvar:='table_key = ''' || :table_block.key_column || ''''; set_block_property('BLOCK_NAME', DEFAULT_WHERE, myvar);

[Quoted] Forms chokes on the last ''''. It can't figure out that this is a ' followed by a '' followed by a ', meant to concatenate a single ' to the end of my string.

[Quoted] It seems like I saw a different technique used one time, but I can't remeber it. Any hints?

Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 19:13:50 CEST

Original text of this message