Re: WEBDB- not connected to oracle

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:26:58 GMT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:44:12 +0100, "Pedro Tavares" <pedrotavares_at_cmvm.pt> wrote:

>I'm presently testing webdb version 2.0.5.7.1
>When I trie to run several components of the tool, I often receive de
>message:
>ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
>Is this a bug? What can I do to make this thing work?

As a possible workaround, change the setting of the "Keep Database Connection Open between Requests?" from "Yes" to "No". Try this for all of the Database Access Descriptors you're using when you come across the above error message.

To do this, simply go to:

    http://<your_machine>:<port>/admin_/gateway.htm

and for each Database Access Descriptor you're using, change the value from Yes to No, then click the "Apply" button.

Hope this helps.

>Thanks in advance
>
>Pedro Tavares
>C.M.V.M.
>Lisbon, Portugal

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 14:26:58 CEST

Original text of this message