Re: 8i and administrative assistant

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:13:37 GMT

In article <7k44d3$hnl$1_at_newsource.ihug.co.nz>,   "Don Fraser" <donf_at_ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just installed 8i on NT (after a 400mb download) and everything
is fine
> except that the administrative assistant does not start. It gives a
little
> flick of the disk and the mouse goes to hourglass for a few secs but
then
> nothing. All other utilities work fine. Anyone else struck and
resolved this
> problem?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Don

HI,

This happened to us with 8.05 under NT 4 but was perculiar to one particular machine. We still have a tar with Oracle support but try setting your screen colour to 256 and above. Apparently this is a restriction with the JVM. Anyway didn't work for us, our soultion was to moved to another server.

> PC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 09:13:37 CEST

Original text of this message