Re: Oracle Parallel Server Option

From: Shirley Kwan <sskwan_at_ingr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:46:31 +0800

[Quoted] What is Oracle FailSafe ???

For the Oracle OPS, you said that I need to set the tnsnames.ora to the [Quoted] active node first, then to the standby. Can you please give me an example on [Quoted] how to configure the tnsnames.ora ?

Is it only one virtual host with shared media is visble to all client machine ???

[Quoted] Thanks for your help !!!

Shirley..........

Pete Sharman wrote in message <375FE049.C9E9B762_at_us.oracle.com>...
>Shirley
>
>If you have two servers A and B, the database is located on shared disks
which
>is visible to both A and B when you're using Parallel Server. Which SID
and
>host you need to point to is determined by what you're trying to achieve.
Are
>you using OPS as a hot standby (i.e. one node active, the other standby)?
If
>that's the case, your tnsnames.ora should have a connection string that
points
>to the active node first, then to the standby. If you have OPS in
>active-active configuration, then point the users to the node they need to
use
>to minimize pinging etc.
>
>I'm not too sure of what you're trying to achieve, but it may be that
Oracle