Re: SQL Loader - can a table column be set CONSTANT where the constant a value returned by a function

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Jun 1999 01:16:28 GMT

>Is it possible in SQL Loader (7.3) to load a table column CONSTANT whereby
>the CONSTANT value is really a function return. I want to use my own
>sequence value and populate the column of a table.
>
>The sequence function call works fine but without the keyword constant it
>looks for a value on the inbound file. With CONSTANT specified it wants to
>use the function call text as the constant.
>
>Tell me there is a way to do this ?
>
>Jeff Boehlert

Given the lack of new features in SQLLOADER, I would think the answer is 'No'. However, can your function be put in a trigger? If so, you can compute it then. Otherwise, perhaps you can use the REC keyword (I believe) to load the record number(to get a unique number). Then call your function to re-compute the correct value using that as the input (or whatever else you needed)

HTH Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 03:16:28 CEST

Original text of this message